While warming up for a workout, it’s important to remember to stretch. Stretching before a workout will help make your body more pliable and less prone to injury. Make sure to stretch the main muscle groups that you plan on using during your workout. Stretching helps to:
- Reduce muscle tension
- Make the body feel more relaxed
- Prevent muscle strains and joint strains
- Prepare the body for your workout
- Promote circulation
- Reduce muscular soreness
Post stretches are just as important as stretching prior to your workout. After a workout, stretching will help you increase your flexibility and range of motion. It’s important to gently stretch post workout and order to optimize range of motion and performance. Listen to your body to make sure your not forcing the stretch.
Here are a few of the best post workout stretches to help prevent injury:
- Quadricep Stretch is essential if you engage in strength training or high amounts of cardiovascular exercise.
- Hamstring Stretch is a great stretch if you engage in high amounts of cardiovascular activity.
- Side Stretches help focus on the abdominal muscles.
- Calf Stretches will help loosen up the muscles in the lower part of your leg.
To learn more about how stretching can benefit your body, contact Lavanga Chiropractic today!