Lifting heavy objects can often be the cause of lower back pain. In fact, lifting incorrectly can cause muscle, disc, and joint injuries. There are many actions you can take to avoid hurting yourself and still get the job done. Check out the following tips to avoid injuring your back!
- It all comes down to planning ahead. You can save yourself from unwanted pain by making it easy to move objects. For example, if you are moving a dresser, make sure to remove the drawers first. This will help make it easier for you to lift. In addition, make sure you have a clear path. You don’t want to be struggling to lift heavy objects while trying to maneuver around a cluttered room.
- Ask for help! If you have a ton of groceries to carry in the house, don’t be afraid to ask someone to lend a hand. If your moving heavier furniture, invest in a dolly.
- Keep the object close to your body. When lifting something, you’ll decrease your chances of hurting your back if you hold it close to your body. In addition, you’ll have more strength and better balance when.
- Bend your knees. Make sure to keep your spine straight and use your leg muscles when lifting.
- Keep your feet shoulder length apart. This will create a solid base when lifting heavy objects.
If you’re experience back pain, contact Lavanga Chiropractic to schedule an appointment today!