Eating clean is one of the most challenging things to consistently do. With a busy schedule, it can be very difficult to stay on track. These 8 tricks can help you motivate yourself to eat clean:
- Get educated. Staying motivated to maintain a healthy eating life style requires your to learn about the food you eat.
- Make it personal. Eating cleanly requires you to focus on making real change in your lifestyle.
- Stop villianizing food. Letting go of the idea of forbidden food allows you to open yourself up to a much healthier relationship with food. Try eating clean most of the time and enjoy your indulgences the rest.
- 80/20 rule. Connected to the last point, it will be easier to stay motivated if you follow the 80/20 rule. Try eating clean 80% of the time and treating yourself 20% of the time!
- Be responsible to someone. Talk about your goals with others and take responsibility of them. Taking ownership of your life style will help you stay dedicated to eating clean.
- Let go of the “diet” mentality. Eating healthy is not a diet, it’s a life style!
- Find real food that tastes good to you. Don’t be afraid to try new food and recipes…you may discover that you enjoy the taste of healthy food!
- Make a plan that fits your lifestyle.
Benefits of eating clean:
- Cutting back on health care costs
- Having more energy to play with your kids
- Improving your immune system, over-coming health issues, etc.
- Feeling better
- Looking better
- Improving the environment
For more information about staying motivated, contact The Lavanga Group today!