Do you often feel overwhelmed and stressed out? When you are stressed, your body responds by making hormones that speed up your heart. This usually results in faster breathing and also bursts of energy, which is called the fight-or-flight stress response.
Feeling stressed is normal and sometimes even useful. Stress can help you work hard or react quickly. However, if stress happens too often or lasts too long, it can have negative impacts on your health. Stress is liked to headaches, upset stomach, back pain, and trouble sleeping.
What can you do about stress? Check out the following stress management techniques:
- Find out what is causing stress in your life.
- Look for ways to reduce the amount of stress in your life.
- Learn healthy ways to relieve stress and reduce its harmful effects.
Massage Therapy is also a great way to relieve stress. Massage therapy has proven to boost energy and increase concentration. “Massage therapy can be effective for a variety of conditions, including arthritis, lower back pain, insomnia, headaches, anxiety, circulatory problems, and recovery from a sports injury,” says Mary Beth Braun, President of the merican Massage Therapy Association (AMTA). To read more about massage therapy for stress relief and much more, click here.
For more information about stress management techniques, contact the Lavanga Group today!
You can help motivate others at home and at work. Inspiring your coworkers may help create a more efficient and effective work environment. It may also create an enjoyable workplace where people are passionate about what they are doing. Likewise, inspiring your spouse to exercise with you could help benefit his heath. This may lead to the two of you enjoying a longer, healthier, and happier life together. Helping others stay motivated can also help you stay on track.
Check out these tips on how you can help motivate others:
- Help them identify a purpose. To motivate others you should try and help them understand the purpose of a particular job or task. People are more likely to be motivated if they know what the purpose is.
- When helping to motivate others, try to create a sense of importance. By emphasizing the importance of a task, you make them feel responsible to complete it.
- Explain the benefits. It will be easier to keep others motivated if they know how it will benefit them. For example, if you are trying to keep your child motivated to complete their chores, explain that you’ll reward the with ice cream or treat them to a movie.
- You can also motivate others by being supportive. Encouraging others who lack motivation can help to inspire them to achieve their goals.
To learn more about motivating others, contact the Lavanga Group today!
One of the key elements in reaching our goals is having a clear and compelling vision for what we want. Most people could tell you easily what they do not want in their lives. Take some time today to write down your vision for your life and why you want it for you life. The most important step in this process is your why. For example, if you are looking to make a career change what will that do for you and your family? Next think about what kind of person would you have to be in order for this vision to come true? What skills and knowledge would you have to possess to make this dream come true? What habits would you have to have in order to have this vision for your life come true? Who do you know that could help with this vision? Where do the people that have achieved these goals spend their time? Is there an association? A networking group you can join? What steps can you do today to move yourself forward in the direction of your vision? At any moment you can choose to turn your life around. You want to have a gut- wrenching why to achieve your vision because when the obstacles arrive you need to review your why to give you fuel to keep going. Know that you can always change your mind at any time to make a better tomorrow.
For help putting your vision into action, contact the Lavanga Group today!
Many of us cannot get through the day without coffee. Coffee often works as a motivator. We look forward to a fresh cup in the morning and often need to consume a few more cups throughout the day. Is it possible that we could be consuming too much coffee?
The average coffee drinker has about two to three cups every day. New studies show that drinking coffee can actually have health benefits, if consumed in moderation. It can protect against Parkinson’s disease, type 2 diabetes, liver disease, and liver cancer. The Mayo Clinic reports that it may also improve cognitive function and reduce the risk of depression.
It’s important to realize that certain caffeine drinks can contain up to 500 calories. In order to provide health benefits, you must choose your coffee drink wisely. Javita coffee provides you with a great taste and benefits from natural herbs. It is a unique line of 100% natural, instant gourmet coffees infused with herbs. “The name Javita is a combination of two words—Java, a term used for coffee and Vita, the Latin word for life.” Javita provides consumers with a chance to kick start their day with a healthy beverage.
Contact Dr. Dan at the Lavanga Group today to try Javita coffee!
According to WebMd there are several possible causes of lower back pain that relate to one’s lifestyle. Maintaining a healthy weight is imperative for your health. Carrying around those extra pounds puts added stress on your joints. What can you do today to improve your health? Maybe take a walk for 15 minutes, drink more water, and/or try getting an extra half an hour of sleep.
Cigarette smoking is known to increase the likelihood of lower back pain. Patients with a history of alcohol abuse or depression are four times more likely to suffer from back pain. Are you struggling with managing your emotions? Have you had some setbacks and are having a confidence crisis? Everyone needs help sometime. Do something today to improve your situation. There is no shame in asking for help. Building consistent healthy habits daily impacts how you feel and many times it helps transform other areas of your life. Start one small healthy change and implement it daily. Then slowly start adding to your daily activity to take care of yourself. This study just reiterates another way how having healthy habits impacts your body. What you do daily take care of yourself stay connected with your values helps transform your life.
If you or someone you know is suffering from back pain it is important to get help from a professional. Call Lavanga Chiropractic today.
While warming up for a workout, it’s important to remember to stretch. Stretching before a workout will help make your body more pliable and less prone to injury. Make sure to stretch the main muscle groups that you plan on using during your workout. Stretching helps to:
- Reduce muscle tension
- Make the body feel more relaxed
- Prevent muscle strains and joint strains
- Prepare the body for your workout
- Promote circulation
- Reduce muscular soreness
Post stretches are just as important as stretching prior to your workout. After a workout, stretching will help you increase your flexibility and range of motion. It’s important to gently stretch post workout and order to optimize range of motion and performance. Listen to your body to make sure your not forcing the stretch.
Here are a few of the best post workout stretches to help prevent injury:
- Quadricep Stretch is essential if you engage in strength training or high amounts of cardiovascular exercise.
- Hamstring Stretch is a great stretch if you engage in high amounts of cardiovascular activity.
- Side Stretches help focus on the abdominal muscles.
- Calf Stretches will help loosen up the muscles in the lower part of your leg.
To learn more about how stretching can benefit your body, contact Lavanga Chiropractic today!
Kinesio taping can be traced back to the 1970’s when Dr. Kase was searching for a method to ease strained muscles and joints. This taping method has been used for decades by athletes and others who are attempting to ease their joint and muscle discomfort, as well as back pain experienced late in pregnancy. Kinesio taping should only be performed under the supervision of a trained physician. They will guide you on placement, frequency and duration of your therapy plan based on your pain history.
Kinesio taping earned its claim to fame in the 1988 Olympics – unlike its sports tape counterparts, kinesio offers more flexibility and range of motion than others. Regularly scheduled chiropractic adjustments, in addition to kinesio tape therapy, can prolong the health and repair of your joints and muscles. While chiropractic care maintains proper alignment of the human body, kinesio tape helps maintain muscle placement and movement between appointments.
Find out what The Lavanga Group can do to help you manage your pain in addition to kinesio taping today!
With today’s fast paced lifestyle and culture, it is sometimes easy to miss out on the simple things in life that will have a positive effect on your health: meditation, yoga, healthy eating and most importantly walking. Most of us walk in some way, shape or form every day. We walk to and from the car, around the office or at work, around the house – but do just as many of us walk for our health? Some people take walks to clear their heads and have some alone time while others take group walks to catch up with friends or family as a way to stay in touch!
Walking has many positive impacts on your health and well being that have little to do with weight. Taking a daily walk, even as slow as two miles per hour, can improve heart health and cardiovascular endurance! The average adult is suggested to require 10,000 steps per day – minimum. This seems like a LOT of work; however, taking a stroll at your lunch hour at work can take up a large chunk of those steps! Most smart phones are even compatible with apps to track these steps. Maintaining good posture during these walks will also improve your muscles required to maintain good posture while sitting and other non-walking activities!
For those who aren’t used to a more aggressive exercise regimen, walking is a great place to start! Take the time you need and the pace that is (not too) simple for you and get started. As with all exercise, consult with your doctor prior to starting a new regimen. Contact Lavanga Chiropractic today to assist with your plan today!
Eating clean is one of the most challenging things to consistently do. With a busy schedule, it can be very difficult to stay on track. These 8 tricks can help you motivate yourself to eat clean:
- Get educated. Staying motivated to maintain a healthy eating life style requires your to learn about the food you eat.
- Make it personal. Eating cleanly requires you to focus on making real change in your lifestyle.
- Stop villianizing food. Letting go of the idea of forbidden food allows you to open yourself up to a much healthier relationship with food. Try eating clean most of the time and enjoy your indulgences the rest.
- 80/20 rule. Connected to the last point, it will be easier to stay motivated if you follow the 80/20 rule. Try eating clean 80% of the time and treating yourself 20% of the time!
- Be responsible to someone. Talk about your goals with others and take responsibility of them. Taking ownership of your life style will help you stay dedicated to eating clean.
- Let go of the “diet” mentality. Eating healthy is not a diet, it’s a life style!
- Find real food that tastes good to you. Don’t be afraid to try new food and recipes…you may discover that you enjoy the taste of healthy food!
- Make a plan that fits your lifestyle.
Benefits of eating clean:
- Cutting back on health care costs
- Having more energy to play with your kids
- Improving your immune system, over-coming health issues, etc.
- Feeling better
- Looking better
- Improving the environment
For more information about staying motivated, contact The Lavanga Group today!
Yoga is often linked to being an exercise for women. However, everyone can benefit from yoga. Those suffering from back, neck, joint, and muscle injuries find that yoga helps reduce their pain. Studies reveal that those who practice yoga twice a week for eight weeks gain strength, flexibility, and endurance. Yoga stretches your muscles and can also help relieve stress.
Try these poses to help minimize back and neck pain…
- Downward-Facing Dog: this pose is an excellent stretch to target your entire body. Try to hold this pose for 5 to 10 breaths, and repeat about five to seven times.
- Child’s Pose: this stretch helps to elongate your back, which can really help you relieve stress. You can repeat this stretch as many times as needed.
- Pigeon Pose: this is a bit more challenging for beginnings, but can be really helpful in stretching hip rotators and flexors.
- Triangle Pose: this is an excellent pose to help you strengthen your back and legs muscles.
- Cat and Cow Pose: If you have an achy, sore back, than this pose is for you! Try to repeat it ten times to get the best results.
- Upward Forward Bend: this pose stretches your hamstrings and back muscles, while also helping to minimize tension in your shoulders.
- Upward-Facing Dog: this stretch engages your back by opening up your chest and stretching your abdominal muscles.
To learn how to properly do these yoga poses visit this site! To find out more information about what exercises can help you relieve your back and neck pain, contact Lavanga Chiropractic!