Managers seek employees that have the ability to learn new skills. As technologies continue to change, so do the way businesses operate. It’s essential to be able to adapt to these changes and develop new skills. By constantly learning, you’ll be able to prove to your managers that you are a valuable asset. Trying to develop new skills each day can make learning exciting. Pushing yourself to learn is not always easy. Here are a few tips that will help you stay motivated to learn new skills:
- Start learning immediately. Try not to procrastinate; it will only make it harder for you in the long run. By starting now, you’re proving to yourself that you have all the power.
- Learn by observing. By seeking inspiration from coworkers or online resources, you can learn new skills faster than trying to start from scratch. Seeing someone perform a task or work through a problem can help you better understand the process.
- Do not give up! Remember why you started and use this as motivation. Even if you run into a setback or two, try your best to overcome these obstacles. In order to learn new skills you’ll have to go through a trial and error process…don’t get discouraged.
- Take the time to celebrate your victories. Learning new skills can be very difficult. By rewarding yourself, you’ll be able to stay motivated to continue learning.
To find out more information about how you can stay motivated to learn new skills, contact the Lavanga Group today!
One of the hardest things to do in life is to GET motivated. Many of us fail to take action. We make so-called “resolutions” and never stick to them. People often fail to get started. Sir Issac Newton said, “Bodies at rest tend to stay at rest.”
Many of us struggle to find motivation. So, how do successful people get motivated? In the article, “How the Most Successful People Motivate Themselves,” Forbes list pointers on how you can get motivated. The following are tips that will help you overcome your lack of motivation:
- Talk to a friend about the challenges you face.
- Come up with a list of possibilities.
- Set specific goals.
- Breakdown your goals into steps.
- Get motivated by doing something you enjoy doing.
Remember that it’s important to get into a routine. By setting specific goals and completing daily tasks, you will become motivated by habit. Try and stay positive! You may benefit from taking a day off to relax…it’s okay to be lazy some of the time. Just remember that motivation is there to help you succeed and accomplish your goals!
The Lavanga Group can help you get and stay motivated! Contact us today to schedule an appointment.
You can help motivate others at home and at work. Inspiring your coworkers may help create a more efficient and effective work environment. It may also create an enjoyable workplace where people are passionate about what they are doing. Likewise, inspiring your spouse to exercise with you could help benefit his heath. This may lead to the two of you enjoying a longer, healthier, and happier life together. Helping others stay motivated can also help you stay on track.
Check out these tips on how you can help motivate others:
- Help them identify a purpose. To motivate others you should try and help them understand the purpose of a particular job or task. People are more likely to be motivated if they know what the purpose is.
- When helping to motivate others, try to create a sense of importance. By emphasizing the importance of a task, you make them feel responsible to complete it.
- Explain the benefits. It will be easier to keep others motivated if they know how it will benefit them. For example, if you are trying to keep your child motivated to complete their chores, explain that you’ll reward the with ice cream or treat them to a movie.
- You can also motivate others by being supportive. Encouraging others who lack motivation can help to inspire them to achieve their goals.
To learn more about motivating others, contact the Lavanga Group today!
The average American watches three and a half hours of television every day, which adds up to 56 days of channel surfing per year. By the age of 65, over nine years will have been spent in front of the television. Instead of spending countless hours in front of the television, try exercising! Exercising is an important part of maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
According to Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans, being physically active on a regular basis:
- Improves your chances of living longer and living healthier
- Helps protect you from developing heart disease and stroke or its precursors, high blood pressure and undesirable blood lipid patterns
- Helps protect you from developing certain cancers, including colon and breast cancer, and possibly lung and endometrial (uterine lining) cancer
- Helps prevent type 2 diabetes and metabolic syndrome
- Helps prevent the insidious loss of bone known as osteoporosis
- Reduces the risk of falling and improves cognitive function among older adults
- Relieves symptoms of depression and anxiety and improves mood
- Prevents weight gain, promotes weight loss (when combined with a lower-calorie diet), and helps keep weight off after weight loss
- Improves heart-lung and muscle fitness
- Improves sleep
Exercising helps improve your health and overall happiness! If you are looking for help getting motivated to exercise, contact Lavanga Chiropractic to schedule an appointment with a personal trainer!
Exercise is great for your health, however, many of us are guilty with finding excuses not to exercise. It’s important to start getting motivated today in order to see results. Instead of saying, “I’ll workout tomorrow,” try these six tips to start exercising today!
- Lighten Up Your Goals. If you are having trouble getting started, try to make small fitness goals, especially if you’re new to exercising. This will help you stay motivated rather than feeling overwhelmed.
- Track Your Progress. Keeping track of your workouts will make you more aware of your progress and help you stay motivated to keep exercising. You can track your progress by writing it down or using a mobile app!
- Delete Guilt. It’s normal when you’re first starting to exercise to miss a day or two, so try to delete the guilt. If you take a a day off, just run an extra mile the next day!
- Focus Only On Yourself. Don’t compare yourself to others. Focus on yourself and take one day at a time!
- Get a Cheering Squad. Ask your friends, family, co-workers, and neighbors to help encourage you to stay on track! It’s always easier to stay motivated when you have others cheering you on!
- Find the Fun in It. If you aren’t feeling motivated to go to the gym, try a different workout. Exercise does not have to be boring. Try to mix it up and join exercises classes to find out what you enjoy!
Need help getting motivated to exercise? Lavanga Chiropractic is now offering personal training sessions! Call today to schedule an appointment!
Confidence is essential when speaking to individuals, especially clients. When you are a professional and display confidence it shows that you are capable, responsible and intelligent.
See the resources the Lavanga Group has used to discuss confidence.
Do you struggle to save money? Many of us have trouble budgeting our finances. The bottom line is, saving money isn’t easy. In 2011, the National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC) found that 64% of Americans were lacking a mere $1,000 in their savings account for emergency expenses. Over the past few years studies have been conducted to try and understand why people make the financial decisions they make. A study that was published in the Journal of Financial Therapy in 2011, titled, “Money Beliefs and Financial Behaviors: Development of the Klontz Money Script Inventory,” found that, “people tend to operate from one of four distinct money belief patterns: money avoidance, money worship, money status and money vigilance.” To read more about these patterns, check out this site.
Staying motivated to save money can be accomplished in many ways. Try setting goals to stay on track. By setting specific savings goals you’ll be able to stay motivated. Do your best to avoid frivolous spending. Another way to help you accomplish your savings goals is to save a little at a time. Try to focus on reaching your goals for the month rather than the year, this way you won’t get discouraged. Remember to keep track of your purchases by saving your receipts. There are also numerous apps available for smartphones that can help you track your spending. To save money, you must stay motivated to achieve your savings goals. To find out more information about how you can save money, contact the Lavanga Group today!
Eating right can have numerous health benefits. In fact, eating what are referred to as brain foods can help you maintain a healthy brain! Your brain uses more than 20% of your daily energy intake. This means that your brain demands energy to work efficiently. Therefore, the foods we consume have a major impact on brain function. Certain foods have the power to keep your mind sharp and nourished. Brain foods are known to improve your memory, mood, concentration, and even overall clarity.
One of the most popular brain foods are blueberries. Blueberries are rich in antioxidants and improve memory function. Researchers found that blueberries also have the power to help improve motor function, balance, and coordination. Eating breakfast is essential to fueling your brain throughout the day. Researchers recommend starting your day off with high-fiber whole grains, diary, and fruits. Salmon is also known to help increase brainpower. The omega-3 fatty acids found in salmon also have been known to help fight against Alzheimer’s disease. Brain foods also include flax seeds, coffee, mixed nuts, avocados, eggs, whole grains, chocolate, and broccoli. To find out more about brain foods and how they can help improve your memory, mood, and concentration, visit this site.
To learn more about the importance of maintaining a healthy lifestyle, contact Lavanga Chiropractic today!
Music can help you stay motivated and focused. The act of listening to music can help you concentrate on a boring task. The Globe and Mail reported that, “Focusing on a favorite song combats de-motivating brain signals associated with fatigue or boredom.” For example, listening to music while working on a boring task keeps you energized and in the zone. People rely on music to get them through a tough workout or a long commute. Think of how you can use music to your advantage!
A powerful song can change your mood instantly. Music can be fun and uplifting or comforting and melancholy. In fact, “Music’s energizing effects comes from its ability to engage the body’s sympathetic nervous system. The activation of this system readies the body for action whenever we face a challenge in our environment.” Many people listen to music daily. Most people find that listening to music while driving can help you stay focused. Imagine how boring road-trips would be if there wasn’t any music to pass the time. Music can make you motivated to workout, clean, dance, sing, run, and so on. Music can also be beneficial to your health—to find out how, check out this site!
To find out more information about how staying motivated can benefit your health, contact The Lavanga Group today!
Taking your vitamins can be beneficial to your health. Although we receive vitamins through the foods we eat, additional supplements can help increase your health. Your diet may not provide all the essential nutrients that your body needs, so taking vitamins can help in a variety of ways. Studies show that vitamins aid in the prevention of diseases such as heart problems, high cholesterol levels, eye disorders, and skin disorders. For vitamins to work effectively, it is important to take them consistently.
Around this time of the year people are more prone to getting colds. Taking Vitamin C regularly can help cure and even prevent the common cold. In fact, research shows that when Vitamin C is taken daily, the length of a cold for an adult decreases by 8% and children who take the supplement daily shorten their cold duration by 14%. Another supplement that is known to increase your brain health is DHA, otherwise known as omega-3. Fatty fish contain omega-3 that can help improve overall health. Studies have shown that DHA can help slow cognitive decline and help improve your memory. The American Heart Association recommends eating fish like salmon, albacore tuna, lake trout, and catfish at least twice a week. If you know your diet lacks these fatty fish, try taking fish oil supplements to get the necessary amount of omega-3.
The types of vitamins you need vary from person to person. To find out what types of vitamins will best benefit you, contact the Lavanga Group today!