Exercise is great for your health, however, many of us are guilty with finding excuses not to exercise. It’s important to start getting motivated today in order to see results. Instead of saying, “I’ll workout tomorrow,” try these six tips to start exercising today!
- Lighten Up Your Goals. If you are having trouble getting started, try to make small fitness goals, especially if you’re new to exercising. This will help you stay motivated rather than feeling overwhelmed.
- Track Your Progress. Keeping track of your workouts will make you more aware of your progress and help you stay motivated to keep exercising. You can track your progress by writing it down or using a mobile app!
- Delete Guilt. It’s normal when you’re first starting to exercise to miss a day or two, so try to delete the guilt. If you take a a day off, just run an extra mile the next day!
- Focus Only On Yourself. Don’t compare yourself to others. Focus on yourself and take one day at a time!
- Get a Cheering Squad. Ask your friends, family, co-workers, and neighbors to help encourage you to stay on track! It’s always easier to stay motivated when you have others cheering you on!
- Find the Fun in It. If you aren’t feeling motivated to go to the gym, try a different workout. Exercise does not have to be boring. Try to mix it up and join exercises classes to find out what you enjoy!
Need help getting motivated to exercise? Lavanga Chiropractic is now offering personal training sessions! Call today to schedule an appointment!